Sunday, April 7, 2013

TRAVEL | Back from Miami


 
 
Well I'm back from my Miami Beach babymoon and NOT happy about it. It certainly does feel more Spring-like here in Connecticut, but I'll take 85 and sunny on South Beach any day over New England weather. 
 
I just finished uploading my pictures of the trip to Instagram (follow me here to see them!) but I've pulled a few to share.
 

I dragged my husband into some of the swankier hotels to have a look-see.
We stopped for a drink  (virgin pina colada, please) at the Kelly Wearstler-designed Tides Hotel...

 
And at the Shore Club where they use a killer lapis blue in the pool area.
 
 
The SLS Hotel had the most stunning seashell chandelier in their dining room. 
I loved it paired with the black and white library wallpaper. 

 
A shady grove area by the pool at the Delano.  
 
 
The astroturf treatment on the stairs was awesome...and low maintenance!
 
 
We did end up checking out Vizcaya which was truly beautiful.
 
 
I took some illegal photos of the interior but just for paint colors, I swear!  
The main halls were painted the perfect shade of barely-there shell pink...
 

 
And the plasterwork in one of the staircases was done in mint green and light taupe. 
The palette is so fresh and modern for a house that is nearly a century old. 
 
Follow me on Instagram for more pictures of Miami!
 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment